Michael,

Have you looked at the definition of the minidisk in the directory?  If you
have a VM label on the disk, it will be on cylinder 0. The minidisk should
start on cylinder 1 or above or the VM label will be overwritten and the
next time you IPL (reboot), LINUX will not be able to find the DASD because
it will be looking for the VM label first. Just a thought, it has already
happened to me.

Loren Charnley, Jr.
Tech Support Administrator
Family Dollar Stores, Inc.