From:         Rob van der Heij
Subject:      Re: IPL device number

At 20:03 09-12-02 -0500, paultz wrote:

Is there a single command or file somewhere in RH7.2 that will reveal
the device name/number from which the RH7.2 LPAR was IPLed?
The subchannel address of your IPL device is stored in 0x10404 during the
boot process, so if you have 'gdb' installed it goes like this:
    gdb -c /proc/kcore
display the contents of 10404
    x/x 0x10404
    quit
look for that subchannel address (the rightmost 2 bytes shown in gdb) in
the list of devices, like with
    cat /proc/subchannels

Rob