From:         James Melin
Subject:      Re: Linux/390 and z/VM interactions.

Just so I can wave a  'see, these people say it needs to be done this way'
paper at my head sysprog....

I assume to use CDL and back up linux volumes with DFDSS 1) the volumes
need to be 'avaiable' to the OS/390 image doing the backup, and that 2)
Linux needs to be quiesced and halted in order to get a good backup of the
devices?

Lastly, has anoyne gotten Open SSH to work for OS/390? I'd like to use it
to have automation be able to logon to Linux etc, and do stuff but I want
encrypted shell. I've not been able to get the one S/390 port to  work as
we don't have the IBM C compiler. Has anyone ported GCC to  the Unix side
of  OS/390 (Z/OS)? If so can the open SSH be made to work?

Thanks. Have a happy monday.