Hi list,

I've helped organize a "Linux on the Mainframe" BOF at LinuxWorld, NYC,
Thursday Jan 30, 2003 at 5:30.  Here's the abstract:

   The mainframe, IBM e-server zSeries or S/390, is getting more
   recognition as a viable Linux platform allowing Linux to run both under
   z/VM and in LPARs. In many organizations, it is helping Linux to become
   accepted in the enterprise. This BOF session will bring together
   professionals using Linux on the mainframe.  Representatives from IBM,
   SuSE Linux and Red Hat Linux will be present (of course other companies
   are welcome) to discuss and answer questions from a financial, business,
   and techncial perspective.

The Web page for the conference is
http://www.linuxworldexpo.com/linuxworldny03/V33/index.cvn and for the BOFs
at
http://www.linuxworldexpo.com/linuxworldny03/V33/index.cvn?id=10019&p_navID=16

We'll do questionnaires, have a few opening statements and then open the
floor for discussion. If you're going to be there, come by on Thursday
evening for a relaxed, open discussion.  Hope to see you there.

          -Mike MacIsaac,  IBM   [EMAIL PROTECTED]   (845) 433-7061

              "Linux will be to operating systems what TCP/IP is to
networking" - Dr. Irving Wladawsky-Berger, IBM