From: Mike Ross [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Tuesday, December 17, 2002 5:48 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]; [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: Yet Another IBM Conspiracy Theory

Fortunately it's still available from IBM Taiwan, who it seems aren't
singing from quite the same hymnsheet as the folks in the USA :)

http://www2.tw.ibm.com/cgi-bin/db2www/techdoc/check.d2w/report?No=194

See also http://www2.tw.ibm.com/cgi-bin/db2www/techdoc/index.d2w/report

Grab it before the Revisionists erase it too... a copy will be going up at
http://www.corestore.org/sg245944.zip but I don't have infinite
bandwidth...

Mike
(CC'ed to Mark in case I'm still banned from posting to Linux-390)
http://www.corestore.org

>The book itself is not in the cache at Google, but I and a number of
other
>people have copies (I know it was one of the more popular downloads).
>
>But, I did come across a pointer this message, dated October 24 2002, on
>the
>IBM-Main listserv:
>http://www.marist.edu/htbin/wlvtype?MVS-OE.33139
>
>It's Mike MacIsaac, the lead author of that book explaining that he's
been
>ordered not to talk about why the book and the software were removed.
>Sigh.
>Sometimes I really _want_ to be wrong, and this was one of them.
>
>Well, I'll offer to send a copy of the book to anyone that wants one, and
>doesn't have it (it's a little under 3MB in size).  Maybe Giorgio
Bellussi