From: Linux on 390 Port [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]On Behalf Of
James Melin
Sent: Wednesday, December 18, 2002 12:26 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Installing RedHat Linux

I've just started installing 2.4.7 of Redhat, and I've answered the network
typ (escon etc,) with ETH0.

It then is asking me for a device and port pair thing like

escon0,0x600,0x601 etc.

I know it should be eth0,0x???,0x??? but the install instructions I found
on the CD are quite thin

How should I know the port #? The device is chp 34, device 831. The other
linux partiion is using device 831

any insight?