For some reason, we can not get our HiperSockets to work.  We are trying to
use virtual hipersockets, but I was wondering if it would be better to use
actual Physical HiperSockets.  I really need some help.  From examples
within the PROFILE TCPIP (DEVICE & LINK, HOME and GATEWAY) to the IFCONFIGs
used to define the hipersockets to z/VM and to the Linux Guest.  Here's how
we are setup.  We are running z/VM 4.3.0 in an IFL on a z/800 box.  We have
OSA-E Gigabit Ethernet at our disposal.  We have z/VM up and running with
with 2 Linux Guests (SuSE 2.4.7).  The two guests are ip connected via
virtual CTCs.  We would like to get the HiperSockets working (virtual or
physical).  To get to the outside world we also have a Cisco Router, if that
matters.  At this point, I would appreciate any insight into correcting this
problem.  Thanks

Also, when coding the "DEFAULTNET", should that be the VHIP or the Cisco
Router or the VM Host?

Lemarr Ketchens

--- Legal Disclaimer: The information contained in this communication may be
confidential, is intended only for the use of the recipient named above, and
may be legally privileged.  If the reader of this message is not the
distribution, or copying of this communication, or any of its contents, is
please re-send this communication to the sender and delete the original
message and any copy of it from your computer system. Thank you. ---