I am sure that there are plenty of #ifdef in gdb.  It sounds to me like they don't
want to complicate the maintenance, and are trying to force zLinux to use the same
logic as the mainstream kernel.

-----Original Message-----
From: Post, Mark K [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Wednesday, February 19, 2003 8:27 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: Compilation Failure in gdb 5.2.1

I guess the gdb developers have never heard of #ifdef statements then.  :(

In any event, Dave and his technical folks have sent me a copy of their
patches.  Once I get some time to make sure they compile cleanly on my
system, I'll be putting them up on linuxvm.org, and sending a note to the
list announcing that.

Thanks, Dave.  I appreciate the assistance.

Mark