We have 11 3390-9 on a shark dedicated to a linux guest in an lvm
configuration.  We're trying to back them up via flashcopy and then backup
those via os/390.  I'm trying to see if we're getting a good backup by
taking the flashcopies, dedicating them to another guest and bringing them
up as a logical volume to check the integrity of the data.

we've tried this several different ways.  1) with the oracle database down,
but the filesystems still mounted, 2) with the filesystems unmounted, 3)
with vgchange -a n

this is critical to getting a fast backup of these volumes to minimize
downtime to the database.  or are there other ways to get this done?

this is the error i get :

sles8-64:~ # vgscan

vgscan

vgscan -- reading all physical volumes (this may take a while...)

vgscan -- only found 0 of 1804 LEs for LV /dev/vg01/lvol1 (0)

vgscan -- ERROR "vg_read_with_pv_and_lv(): allocated LE of LV" can't get
data of
 volume group "vg01" from physical volume(s)

vgscan -- "/etc/lvmtab" and "/etc/lvmtab.d" successfully created

vgscan -- WARNING: This program does not do a VGDA backup of your volume
group