Jeremy,

I did some testing.  This crontab entry works for me:
cd ; COLUMNS=200 LINES=200 top -c -C -b -d1 -n1 >> top.list

Apparently both the columns and lines need to be specified.

From: Jeremy Warren [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Tuesday, March 25, 2003 4:15 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Cron script redirect causing truncation

I have a script which outputs top data periodically to a file using stdout

top -c -C -b -d1 -n1 >> /kb/data/top/topout.$sname.txt

When I run this by hand, the data in the topout file has the complete path
to the running processes.
When I run it via cron, everything gets truncated at 80 chars.  I know this
is probably some session environment variable but I can't seem to come up
with the right answer in my googling...

Thanks in advance!

Jeremy Warren
Sr. Systems Programmer