From: Daniel Jarboe [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Thursday, June 05, 2003 3:03 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: pam_ldap to LDAP server on z/OS with RACF backend

> You're welcome, but did it help you to the point you're working now?

I thought it would be a piece of cake after reading that redpaper... but
after much trial and error, I'm still having problems.

Here's what I'm up to...

pam.d/httpd is a mere:
auth        required   pam_ldap.so
account     required   pam_ldap.so
password    required   pam_ldap.so

Which should be enough, really.

/etc/openldap/ldap.conf is:
host (host is fine)
base profiletype=user,sysplex=TIMEPLEX
binddn racfid=(racfid),profiletype=user,sysplex=TIMEPLEX
bindpw (password in plain text)
ldap_version 3
pam_login_attribute racfid
SASL_SECPROPS = none

That racfid is from somebody with AUDITOR

The messages I'm getting now are:
Jun  5 14:38:20 linmast httpd: nss_ldap: could not search LDAP server -
Insufficient access
Jun  5 14:38:20 linmast last message repeated 15 times
Jun  5 14:38:23 linmast httpd: pam_ldap: ldap_search_s Insufficient
access

Though in the past I also saw:
Jun  5 14:19:43 linmast httpd: nss_ldap: could not search LDAP server -
DSA is unwilling to perform, but that was when I had ldap in
nsswitch.conf.

With ldapsearch I have to use -x or the bind fails, so I've tried with
and without the SASL_SECPROPS none.  Ldapsearch worked with -P 3 so
ldap_version 3 should not be breaking anything.

And ldapsearch -x -D "(racfid),profiletype=user,sysplex=TIMEPLEX" -W -b
"racfid=(someoneelse),profiletype=user,sysplex=TIMEPLEX" "objectclass=*"
works fine.  It fails if I don't specify the -D -W though... Perhaps
incorrectly I thought that ldapsearch would bind with the dn specified
in /etc/openldap/ldap.conf if none was provided on the command line, but
I get:

text: R000137 'CN=ANYBODY' is not a valid RACF DN for bind.  Check that
the syntax is correct and that it is a DN for a RACF user.

All in all it's a mess.

~ Daniel

This message is the property of Time Inc. or its affiliates. It may be
legally privileged and/or confidential and is intended only for the use
of the addressee(s). No addressee should forward, print, copy, or
otherwise reproduce this message in any manner that would allow it to be
viewed by any individual not originally listed as a recipient. If the
notified that any unauthorized disclosure, dissemination, distribution,
copying or the taking of any action in reliance on the information
herein is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication
in error, please immediately notify the sender and delete this message.
Thank you.