John Summerfield wrote:

> For that matter, I'd be sureprised if you can't install to your
> mainframe (fireall rules permitting) directly off Red Hat's site. If you
> use http, and have a caching proxy server in the loop, you will download
> only what you need, and cache everything for next time.

I had problems connecting to RedHat's FTP site.  It seemed to always be
bumping up against max users.  I'd hate to have to try and install
directly from the site. On the other hand, once I did get in the
downloads ran fairly quickly.  I spent about a day downloading all the
packages I thought I'd need, set up an FTP server on my PC, and
installed from there.