> We are considering doing a write up how to use PAV under z/VM using LVM
> (requires SLES 8). Under LPAR we currently don't have the necessary Linux
> support in place.
>
> Would be good to hear from you how important you consider it.

My two cents:

What would be good to know is the best way to exploit the famed zSeries I/O
capabilities. I have questions like:
 - How many PAV "paths" should I use for optimal I/O?
 - What does the IOCDS configuration look like?
 - What has to be done differently on the z/VM user ID?
 - On Linux, does the logical volume still have to be striped?
 - Can I have a non-striped logical volume with PAV and still get an I/O
performance boost?
 - If so, can the logical volume be extended with vgextend?
 - Can I have a 1TB logical volume with PAV?, 2TB?

Such a HOWTO would be a great resource for the zLinux community!

          -Mike MacIsaac, IBM  mikemac at us.ibm.com   (845) 433-7061