From: Seifert, Harald [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Thursday, September 04, 2003 3:24 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: zSLES 8 - Using ext2,ext3,JFS,reiserFS ?

Some questions about filesystems to the forum,
which probably will not be easily answered with yes or no ?

When running a zSLES8 Linux,
what choose of filesystem would fit best ? ext2,ext3,JFS,reiserFS ?
( some considerations may be
  . performance of operations
    like copy,delete,sequentiell write or read, random write or read ?
  . applications running
    like running webSphere ...
  . root under ext2
  . converting filesystems ext2 to journaled filesystems )

I guess the answer could be, "it depends" ; but on what ?

Regards
---
Harald Seifert
Informatik-Systemprogrammierung