You should do this with init scripts run by Linux, not external logins. You
may want to combine this approach with some simple REXX coding to check
startup order, etc, but the bulk will need to be done in the Linux world.

Look in /etc/init.d.  You'll find everything you need in that directory. Be
certain you follow the template provided there if you plan to use them with
SLES8 yast -- it gets mighty unhappy if it doesn't find it's magic strings.

Better yet, come to the next Hillgang meeting and see my presentation on
Linux initialization and runlevels.

-- db

David Boyes
Sine Nomine Associates