On Fri, 2003-11-07 at 13:11, James Melin wrote:
> Well Crap. What about some obtusely complex command line thing that would
> extend the tarball by file type and convert known text formats using iconv
> and piping it through tar or what not ? Or am I making it to complex
> theoretically?

I think you're making it too complex.

Your ftp server will do text files in ASCII mode, right?

So, get ncftp (I'm sure there's a cygwin port, so you can install it
under Windows too), and do something like

ncftp site
cd /directory
ascii
get -R tree

Or, for that matter, I'm sure there are Windows-native FTP interfaces
that both let you set ASCII mode and slurp a whole tree at a time.

Adam