Between sips of cough syrup, Adam coherently said,

>On Tue, 2003-12-30 at 23:30, Alikhani wrote:
>> Hi all
>> I need a good antivirus for my mailserver ( sendmail) on linux 390 (
>> 2.4.7 SUSE-SMP)
>
>I've had good results with Clam Antivirus.  The price is right--it's
>free.

http://clamav.sourceforge.net/

ClamAV is intended to work well with mailservers - the docs say that
that's it's primary purpose. The virus dB people keep the virus dB
well up to date, responding to new viruses pretty quickly (hmmm, the
Apple spell checker has a new English variant - English (Apple)!).

There are things to watch out for if you're using milter support
(whatever that is) and you need to set up the correct set of
options and things for scanning zips and MIME encoded stuff.
It's worth looking at the mailing lists to see some of the discussions
that have gone on. Needless to say, reading the documentation
is a given.

I use it and it found an old virus in a copy of DOS that I was
playing with in an image file under Bochs. Hmmm... maybe that's
why the handheld suddenly stopped reading it's floppy drive...

Rod