How about:
#if  defined(CONFIG_ARCH_S390) || defined (CONFIG_ARCH_S390X)
..
#endif

?
(note the ||, not |)

- Alex

Post, Mark K wrote:

Well, it turns out this won't work as written (even if I fix the syntax
error in the #if statement.)  :(  There's so much I don't understand about
kernels it's not even funny.  Sigh.

Maybe someone from Boeblingen can help out here?  This is a start:
#if (defined(CONFIG_ARCH_S390) | (CONFIG_ARCH_S390X))
EXPORT_SYMBOL(show_trace);
#endif

but, it also requires that the show_trace routine defintion be included
somehow.  Unfortunately, the routine is declared in
./arch/s390/kernel/traps.c, and not in a header file, which is how most of
the other symbols are covered.  Changing the mod to:
#if (defined(CONFIG_ARCH_S390) | (CONFIG_ARCH_S390X))
extern void show_trace;
EXPORT_SYMBOL(show_trace);
#endif

works, but is it the correct thing to do?  So many questions, so few @#$%