> The page/spool are no longer on the res pack with it so you don't have
> to worry about that.

Woohoo! Hooray!

> Don't let your storage hw folks stick you on escon if you can help it.
> FICON is the way to go.

Particularly the Linux guests -- if you can do FCP disk for those, it's
another Good Thing. Linux really, really, really likes disks in big
chunks that don't have the 390 I/O device size limitations. Putting your
Linux data on SAN-attached FCP disk is a big political plus to adoption
(one could actually make a case that putting *all* the 5.1 system on
non-390 disk would be a political win, but there are some known
configuration recommendations that should be followed if you do this.)

-- db