From: Michael MacIsaac [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Tuesday, November 02, 2004 5:08 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: Installation of SLES9 hangs on 'creating initrd'

Doug,

> After using these scripts my installation continues to hang on
> 'creating initrd' at 62%.  Did I do something wrong?

Hmm, if you got past the copying of the RPMs from the install tree to your
new system, then I would guess the problem with creating the RAMdisk is not
related to the install tree.

How large of a virtual machine do you have?  256M or better for install -
smaller than that may be an issue.

Another thought is what type of network connection are you using?  Most
people are not running into this problem, so somehow your install might be
adding different modules to the RAMdisk, which might be causing the problem.

Also, what hardware are you using?

"Mike MacIsaac" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>   (845) 433-7061

For LINUX-390 subscribe / signoff / archive access instructions, send email
to [EMAIL PROTECTED] with the message: INFO LINUX-390 or visit