From: Linux on 390 Port on behalf of mainframe_s390
Sent: Sat 09/04/2005 9:10 AM
To: LINUX-390@VM.MARIST.EDU
Subject: The way to add new NIC for Hipersocket.

Hi, all

I want to add a new NIC for HiperSocket.
Now, my environment is below.

z890 has 2LAPRs.
LPAR-A has lpar linux SLES9(Linux-A).
LPAR-B has z/VM V5.1.
z/VM has two Guest SLES9s. (Linux-B, Linux-C)

I want to add a NIC for HiperSocket on Linux-B.
I tried to add a NIC via YaST, but YaST did not detect new
NIC.
(Of cause, I added new virtual NIC definition for
HiperSocket to USER DIRECT of z/VM.)
On YaST screen display IUCV and others in detected
interface in column.

Please teach me the way to add NIC for HiperSocket.

Thank you
-----
K.M.