I am trying to determine if I can do the following flat network using
hipersockets with Vlan support. There is one paragraph in the Connectivity
Redbook on "VLAN support for HiperSockets in a Linux environment"

Is this possible:
10.1.1.x host in Real Switch; Real Switch turnk port via OSA to Vswitch in LPAR
A with linux host 10.1.1.19; same linux host has a hipersocket on 1.2.3.4 with
VLAN enabled connecting to a linux host in LPAR B at 1.2.3.5 with VLAN enabled.
Linux host on LPAR A with VLAN enabled configures 10.1.1.29; linux host on LPAR
B with VLAN enabled configures 10.1.1.39. So now a packet can journey from
10.1.1.39 to real host 10.1.1.19 over hipersocket over LPARa's OSA??

I know as an alternate I can do this by connecting both using a shared OSA port
on LPAR A and LPAR B - but - I need all the justification I can muster for a
hipersocket solution -

Don't ask - network planner at client site does not want to introduce "new
subnets or networks" - vswitching into z/VM LPARS is fine -

David