Mike,

> Can someone direct me on what needs to be done
> or where I can go to get the information?
See linuxvm.org/present.

I wrote a paper and did a presentation on SHARE. Both are getting a bit
old, but should still be close to correct:
http://linuxvm.org/present/misc/SambaMig.pdf
http://linuxvm.org/present/SHARE102/s9208mma.pdf
Also, I see a number of presentations on CUPS by David Boyes and Adam
Thornton.

> I have had little luck ...
High level - do you have a zLinux vServer with the Samba and CUPS rpms
installed. First step.
Then, have you gotten a Samba share working with simple authentication of
the smbpasswd file?
Then, have you gotten a CUPS printer installed and printed a simple file
from Linux (be sure you can print from Linux before trying through Samba).
You can use the CUPS browser interface, or just edit the config files
manually.
Once you have the two simple halves working, you can put them together
(I'm assuming you want to print from Windows desktops)

You probably want to have authenication for file serving, but you may not
require it for printing. In this case I have heard of problems mixing and
matching on the same server. Since zLinux vServers are cheap, use two.

Hope this helps.

"Mike MacIsaac" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>   (845) 433-7061