Hi Lee,

You can update a single package by entering this command :

rpm -Fvh your-file.rpm

The "F" is for freshen, or upgrade if package is newer than the current and
do nothing if there is no such package installed on the system.

To update a bunch of packages, you can specify multiple package as input.

I never used YaST for single package update, sorry.

Regards.