You won't get a lot of messages from YaST.

It would be easier to debug to use these commands :

pvcreate for initializing the PV - disks (once formatted and partitionned)
vgcreate for creating the VG
lvcreate for creating the LV
mkfs for formatting the LV

See the man page or the LVM howto ( http://www.tldp.org/HOWTO/LVM-HOWTO/ ),
section "Common Tasks" for complete procedure.

Use the -v (verbose) flag and you will have a better explanation on your
errors.

Regards.