You know, it was just an idea on how to make life simpler for our shop.
I said what I was looking for, I gave the requirements... why do you
folks need to question why I need it or want it?  If you can, and feel
like, helping and pointing me in the right direction toward developing a
solution, great!  Thank you.  But if all you want to just debate me on
the merits of the idea and why I want it, please don't.  It doesn't
help, it just discourages someone who's trying to be inventive.  Who
knows, if I succeed, you might just find it helpful to you someday.
Adam, thanks for your suggestion, I'm looking into it.  David, I thank
you for your ideas, too, but it's completely not what I'm looking for...
However, if I had a clue on how to do what you wanted, I'd help you.

I see no reason why a virtual serial connection between vm's can't be
created.  Maybe CTC is the way to do it.  We'll see.  And maybe the
linux serial console code would need some changes to accommodate.
Again, we'll see.  But there has to be a way, and if there isn't, IBM
should create a way.  Virtual serial connections can be useful for a lot
more than just consoles.

Thanks folks, not trying to bite the hands that feed me...  just
frustrated at having to justify why my idea even deserves being helped.

*Brandon