Eli Dow wrote:
Hi Ray,

Red Hat Enterprise Linux AS release 4 (Nahant Update 5) contains make
3.8 as does my sles10 sp1 system here in the lab.  I imagine it might
need to be built from source if you need that particular version :)

First, I apologise for somehow managing to hang this off an existing
thread - my fault.

Thank you both for your replies. SuSE SLES10 certainly has make 3.80,
but I need make 3.81, which is significantly different. I have
downloaded the 3.81 source, but it isn't obvious (to me) how to build
it, so I was hoping for a ready-built solution :-)  If that isn't
available, I guess I'll have to bite the bullet and attempt to build it
myself.

Thanks again,
Ray