From: Linux on 390 Port [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of
McKown, John
Sent: Thursday, September 20, 2007 7:10 AM
To: LINUX-390@VM.MARIST.EDU
Subject: Re: [LINUX-390] Copying zVM and zLinux Logs to MVS GDG dataset

What sort of "log" does z/Linux put to the z/VM "console"? Wouldn't
using SNMP or SYSLOGD to the z/OS system be "better"? Please note that I
don't run z/Linux anymore. I just stay around here for learning purposes
in the vain hope that we may use Linux on z later. But I'm not betting
on it.

--
John McKown
Senior Systems Programmer

The information contained in this e-mail message may be privileged
and/or confidential.  It is for intended addressee(s) only.  If you are
reproduction, distribution or other use of this communication is
strictly prohibited and could, in certain circumstances, be a criminal
offense.  If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify the
sender by reply and delete this message without copying or disclosing
it.

For LINUX-390 subscribe / signoff / archive access instructions, send
email to [EMAIL PROTECTED] with the message: INFO LINUX-390 or
visit http://www.marist.edu/htbin/wlvindex?LINUX-390