From: Linux on 390 Port [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of
Brad Hinson
Sent: Tuesday, March 25, 2008 12:05 PM
To: LINUX-390@VM.MARIST.EDU
Subject: Re: [LINUX-390] Having trouble adding a volume

On Tue, 2008-03-25 at 12:37 -0600, Mark Post wrote:
> <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>,
> "Bauer, Bobby
> (NIH/CIT) [E]" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > Yeah, that was my though also. I just redid those steps with
> > somebody who is a bit familiar with Linux looking over my shoulder.
> > Same results, volume 210 does not come online. I can however use the

> > chccwdev to bring 210 online after the boot.
>
> When you ran mkinitrd, was the 210 volume online at that point?  If
not, try mkinitrd and zipl while it is online.

> Mark Post

> For LINUX-390 subscribe / signoff / archive access instructions, send
> email to [EMAIL PROTECTED] with the message: INFO LINUX-390 or
> visit http://www.marist.edu/htbin/wlvindex?LINUX-390

It may help to run mkinitrd with -v to show verbose output.  You should
see a line similar to:

adding dasd_mod with options dasd=200-201,210

If it does say this, can you paste the output of zipl -V?

--
Brad Hinson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sr. Support Engineer Lead, System z