Zoltan,

Have you tried doing a mkinitrd just befor the zipl?

Ron

Herczeg, Zoltan wrote:
Hi. From information I have gathered from this list I tried to clone a
sles 9 system (lpar no VM). When I log in to the system and try to
update a file I get a message that it is read-only. When I booted this
system I see messages

VFS: Mounted root (reiserfs filesystem) readonly
Trying to move old root to /initrd . . . failed
Unmounting old root

Here are the steps I followed

Shut down source linux system which uses dasd 43e and 43f
Use VSE to fastcopy full volumes to another two dasd addresses 186 and
187 (3390-3)
IPL source linux system
chccwdev -e 0.0.0186    and chccwdev -e 0.0.0187
lsdasd command to see that 186 is dasdc and 187 is dasdd
mount /dev/dasdc1 /mnt
chroot /mnt
edit /etc/zipl.conf   changing the parmfile dasd addresses from 43e and
43f to 186 and 187
ed /etc/hosts
rename /etc/sysconfig/hardware hwcfg-dasd-bus-ccw-0.0.043e  to .0186
and .043f to .0187
zipl
exit out of chroot
unmount /mnt
chccwdev -d 0.0.0186  and 0187
logout

If anyone can point out my fatal readonly flaw I would appreciate it.
Thanks in advance from a very green newbie!

Zoltan