From: Linux on 390 Port [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of
Evans, Kevin R
Sent: Thursday, August 21, 2008 12:06 PM
To: LINUX-390@VM.MARIST.EDU
Subject: Re: Distribution ages, was: Linux version

Nah, MFT and I don't even remember what release CICS was in (it was
macro based, ya know DFHKC, DFHFC etc). Suffice it to say, there was no
Restart/Recovery. This was when I was at Allied Breweries in England, we
wrote our own (with a lot of IBM cooperation - we had several SEs on
site back then) and wrapped it around the DFHKC, FC and TC IBM code. I
had heard that IBM used much of our original code for the CICS
Recovery/Restart product although don't know whether that was really
true or not. When we put new releases of CICS in, we just (from what I
remember) had 4 places (DFHKC, FC, TC and maybe SC) to insert a CLC and
BE to re-institute our own recovery stuff). We even had pre-production
3270 screens <g>.

I know, this dates me a lot <g>.

Kevin