From: Linux on 390 Port [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of
Mark Post
Sent: Wednesday, August 27, 2008 8:36 PM
To: LINUX-390@VM.MARIST.EDU
Subject: Re: [LINUX-390] Differece in RED Hat and Suse

>>> On 8/27/2008 at 11:02 PM, in message
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, Scott
Rohling <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> SUSE tends to be more 'bleeding edge' and RH tends to be more 'stable'

> (please - no flame wars on that - it's just my impression that RH is
> very focused on stability - more so than SUSE).

Having seen what goes on from the inside for the last 18 months, I can
confidently say that you're incorrect about that.  After all, it was
SUSE that invented the concept of an enterprise Linux distribution.
Novell/SUSE isn't so crazy as to commit to supporting things for seven
years, and then not be extremely concerned about product stability.

For LINUX-390 subscribe / signoff / archive access instructions, send
email to [EMAIL PROTECTED] with the message: INFO LINUX-390 or
visit http://www.marist.edu/htbin/wlvindex?LINUX-390