If you do not stop the samba service you run a risk of files being
accessed during the move, and this could lead to corruption of the new
files. As recommended before, you should be able to copy the bulk of the
data without shutting down the service. With the bulk of the data
mirrored on the new LVM, the second rsync will be quite quick at syncing
only the changes so downtime will be minimal.

It would be best to plan a brief outage of the samba service to complete
the task you have outlined.

Justin Payne