On Tuesday, 11/10/2009 at 11:29 EST, "McKown, John"
<john.mck...@healthmarkets.com> wrote:
> Thanks - quick look puts this way, way beyond a "hobbist". I.e. all I am

> interested in is porting GNU software to z/OS UNIX. There is no income
in that,
> just "street cred". Looks very nice for a smaller ISV.

The program is definitely for software vendors (businesses), not
hobbyists.  In fact, it would not be made available to a hobbyist, even if
you wanted to purchase it.  The requirements to be able to get zPDT are
such that you must actively developing commercial offerings for System z
and you must be actively marketing them to System z commercial clients.
(Your PartnerWorld membership is reviewed.)

> <humor type="weird">
> Is there any significance to the fact that the company's name is ITC,
which was
> the name I remember on the Muppet's Show and movies?
> </humor>

LOL!  "Space 1999".

Alan Altmark
z/VM Development