From: Linux on 390 Port [mailto:linux-...@vm.marist.edu] On Behalf Of Eric R
Farman
Sent: Tuesday, December 15, 2009 11:09 AM
To: LINUX-390@VM.MARIST.EDU
Subject: Re: [LINUX-390] LUN numbers for DS8000

It's worth noting that the underpinnings of SCSIDISC changed significantly
in 5.4.0.  In previous z/VM releases, a file named RXSCSIFN needed to be
renamed to RXUSERFN to allow this tool to work.  This is no longer the
case, and SCSIDISC expects the module to be named RXSCSIFN.  As such, the
SCSIDISC EXEC and RXSCSIFN MODULE pieces from different releases cannot be
mixed and matched.

Not sure if this is the cause of your abends, but would be my first guess.

Regards,
            Eric

Eric Farman
z/VM I/O Development