From: Linux on 390 Port [mailto:linux-...@vm.marist.edu] On Behalf Of Mrohs, Ray
Sent: Thursday, June 24, 2010 5:53 AM
To: LINUX-390@vm.marist.edu
Subject: Re: [LINUX-390] Memory use question

I have trouble seeing whether using memory or v-disk in memory is more
effective, though I might have read that VM needs to page more for large seldom
referenced v-disk spaces. My natural inclination is to use RAM first and swap
last, perhaps based on outdated notions. Anyway I set swappiness to zero. The
publication also seems to recommend a heap size that is ~70% of available
memory. In our case that would equal 1400M which is 400M more than our current
max. setting.

Ray