Hi James ,

There is a couple information that should be knowing before someone take
some strange decision like that . The first is your machine model and size
of the linux guest , and also the number of linux guest running at the same
lpar .

About the Oracle slow response , that would really depends of the problem ,
maybe the same slow response could be happening at all other platforms .
Although did they contact IBM representative about that . Sometimes IBM have
quicker response them the ISVs, because of the large experience .

One important point to consider is the cost of Oracle licenses for intel
plataform . The cost are much higher .

Best Regards,

Saulo Augusto Silva .