I posted this last week but got no response.  Is anyone else getting such
messages or is it just me?

-----Original Message-----
From: Linux on 390 Port [mailto:LINUX-390@VM.MARIST.EDU] On Behalf Of Aria
Bamdad
Sent: Thursday, May 26, 2011 10:12 AM
To: LINUX-390@VM.MARIST.EDU
Subject: mdadm message 'wrong state in superblock' at boot

Hi,

I notice that in SLES 11 SP1, when you create an md device using multiple
DASD as a RAID-0 striped volume, you receive the following error message at
boot time when mdadm goes to start the md device or if you try to start it
manually.

mdadm: device 1 in /dev/md0 has wrong state in superblock, but /dev/dasdi1
seems  ok

The /dev/md0 comes up OK but still the message is alarming.   It does not
have anything to do with the array no being stopped properly (it is).

Looking around, I found

http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/grub-devel/2010-07/msg00230.html

which seems to be the exact problem.  Has anyone somehow resolved this issue
on SUSE SLES 11 with SP1?  There was an update for mdadm recently but it
didn't fix this issue.  This problem doesn't exist in SLES 10 and it seems
to happen in mdadm version 3.3.  I want to know if I am safe using an md
device with this bug in mdadm.

Thanks,

Aria

send email to lists...@vm.marist.edu with the message: INFO LINUX-390 or