Hi James,

It appears that in order to use hardware large page support, Linux must be
running in LPAR mode.  I can't find anything that says this is supported in
z/VM.  Hopefully someone can correct me if I'm wrong.  I can confirm that on a
z10 under z/VM 6.1 I also do not see 'edat' in /proc/cpuinfo, so hugepage
support is emulated in software.

See here:

http://linuxvm.org/present/SHARE111/S9262ms.pdf
(see slide 11)

--
Brad Hinson <bhin...@redhat.com>
Worldwide System z Sales, Strategy, Marketing