Dear all,

I have set up a configuration where I use the LDAP server from z/VM 540 to
store the password in RACF. Following all the presentations and hints on
the Internet how to setup the configuration works fine. In principle.
However I encountered that a user cannot change his own password with
passwd command:

$ passwd
Changing password for xrun.
Enter login(LDAP) password:
New Password:
Reenter New Password:
LDAP password information update failed: Insufficient access
R003070 Access denied because user does not have 'write' permission for all
modified attributes (ldbm_modify_entry)
passwd: Permission denied

Change of password with oldpw/newpw during login is working.

Any ideas?

I use SLES 11 on z/VM 540.

Thank you very much in advance.

--