From: Linux on 390 Port [mailto:LINUX-390@VM.MARIST.EDU] On Behalf Of Marcy
Cortes
Sent: Thursday, August 30, 2012 2:50 PM
To: LINUX-390@VM.MARIST.EDU
Subject: Re: LGR guest quiesce

The suspend/resume thing exists already -
http://www-03.ibm.com/support/techdocs/atsmastr.nsf/5cb5ed706d254a8186256c71
006d2e0a/57e3c8123412429186257910006ab443/$FILE/l0wadp00.pdf

The CP STOP command may also be good enough.  Yes, you could have lost data
in open files, but this would be no different that say a loss of power.
You'd fsck and go on when you booted back up.  You wouldn't have the issue
of disk A being out of sync with disk B which you'd get flashcopying a live
system.

Marcy