Hello list,

I'm far from an expert with LDAP, but am trying to set up a sample
environment to demonstrate centralized authentication.

For a long time, the Migration Tools from padl.com worked, but this no
longer seems to be the case on SLES 11 SP3. I set up LDAP using yast as
described in section 18.3 the latest "Virtualizaiton Cookbook".  I download
Migration-Tools-47, create an "initial.ldif" file from /etc/passwd and
/etc/group, but cannot add it to create an initial LDAP database.  The
error is below.  It seems to be because posixGroup is no longer a
structural object in the schema.  Has anyone seen this?  Is there a way to
load a different (classic :)) schema? Thanks.

    -Mike MacIsaac

# ldapadd -x -h localhost -D "cn=Administrator,dc=example,dc=com" -w secret
-f initial.ldif
adding new entry "dc=example,dc=com"

adding new entry "ou=Hosts,dc=example,dc=com"

adding new entry "ou=Rpc,dc=example,dc=com"

adding new entry "ou=Services,dc=example,dc=com"

adding new entry "nisMapName=netgroup.byuser,dc=example,dc=com"

adding new entry "ou=Mounts,dc=example,dc=com"

adding new entry "ou=Networks,dc=example,dc=com"

adding new entry "ou=People,dc=example,dc=com"

adding new entry "ou=Group,dc=example,dc=com"

adding new entry "ou=Netgroup,dc=example,dc=com"

adding new entry "ou=Protocols,dc=example,dc=com"

adding new entry "ou=Aliases,dc=example,dc=com"

adding new entry "nisMapName=netgroup.byhost,dc=example,dc=com"

adding new entry "cn=at,ou=Group,dc=example,dc=com"
ldap_add: Object class violation (65)
        additional info: no structural object class provided