Can you see them when you do
cat /proc/dasd/devices   ?
If not than first bring them online (chccwdev -e 0.0.XXXX) and then check
again.
If they are there, than you are ready to do a low level format with dasdfmt
/dev/dasdX     (/proc/dasd/devices will tell you which dasdX is that).
After that, create partitions (or not if you don’t want to) with fdasd
/dev/dasdX
Later you can create LVM (or not if you don’t want to) with pvcreate, vgcreate,
lvcreate.
Last step is creating a filesystem with mkfs.ext4  (or ext3) on a new partition
or logical volume. And now, you can mount it.

But you have to know that at this point you are also rewriting cylinder 0 of
this DASD  (if it is really attached) so it’s label will change.

Let us know if you need more details

Grzegorz Powiedziuk