Hello,
I am trying to capture performance data with cp3kvmxt and I am having
trouble to get anything more than CPU utilization.
The person who imports the EDF file says that his tool can't see storage
configuration for other LPARs and that it should. He can see storage
utilization only for a local z/VM instance.
The CPU utilization and configuration is there for all LPARs though.

Does monwrite data even contain storage information from other LPARs? I
don't remember seeing anywhere in performance monitor toolkit this
information and it uses same mondcss after all. In perfkit all I can see is
CPU stats from other LPARS (menu 8).

Here is what I do.

I have a user id with following directory statements required for using
mondcss:

   IUCV *MONITOR MSGLIMIT 255
   NAMESAVE MONDCSS

>From the userid id I did enable all necessary monitor domains:

q monitor
MONITOR EVENT ACTIVE    BLOCK    4     PARTITION    8192
MONITOR DCSS NAME - MONDCSS
CONFIGURATION SIZE       68 LIMIT         1 MINUTES
CONFIGURATION AREA IS FREE
USERS CONNECTED TO *MONITOR - PERFSVM
                              PERSMAPI
MONITOR   DOMAIN ENABLED
PROCESSOR DOMAIN ENABLED
STORAGE   DOMAIN ENABLED
SCHEDULER DOMAIN DISABLED
SEEKS     DOMAIN DISABLED
USER      DOMAIN ENABLED
   ALL USERS ENABLED
I/O       DOMAIN ENABLED
   PCIF CLASS ENABLED
   ALL DEVICES ENABLED
NETWORK   DOMAIN ENABLED
ISFC      DOMAIN ENABLED
APPLDATA  DOMAIN ENABLED
   ALL USERS ENABLED
SSI       DOMAIN ENABLED
MONITOR SAMPLE ACTIVE
               INTERVAL    1 MINUTES
               RATE     2.00 SECONDS
MONITOR DCSS NAME - MONDCSS
CONFIGURATION SIZE     4096 LIMIT         1 MINUTES
CONFIGURATION AREA IS FREE
USERS CONNECTED TO *MONITOR - PERFSVM
                              PERSMAPI
MONITOR   DOMAIN ENABLED
SYSTEM    DOMAIN ENABLED
PROCESSOR DOMAIN ENABLED NOCPUMFC
STORAGE   DOMAIN ENABLED
USER      DOMAIN ENABLED
   ALL USERS ENABLED
I/O       DOMAIN ENABLED
   PCIF CLASS ENABLED
   ALL DEVICES ENABLED
NETWORK   DOMAIN ENABLED
ISFC      DOMAIN ENABLED
APPLDATA  DOMAIN ENABLED
   ALL USERS ENABLED
SSI       DOMAIN ENABLED

The mondscss segment size according to my calculations is pretty big:
q nss map
..
0012 MONDCSS  CPDCSS     N/A    09000  0CFFF
..
0CFF-09000=16383  (decimal) and 16383*4K (+1page) pages gives 64MB if I am
doing the math right.

I run the CP3KVMXT  with mondcss argument  and specify intervals and
timeframes manually (30 minutes intervals for 5 hours total run)

When it is done, it creates a bunch of files like:

D111815  ACTVUSRS A1
D111815  BCUDATA  A1
D111815  DEBUG    A1
D111815  EDF      A1
D111815  SAMPS    A1

There are no errors.
I've also tried to run monwrite first and use the result file as an input
for cp3kvmxt. Also no luck.

The EDF is the one I send to person with the tool to analyze it.

What am I doing wrong?

Thank you
Gregory