In fedora21 (at least on x86) they switched to journualctl with logs and
stuff no longer goes to regular log files.
I am not sure with s390 fedora they did the same thing.

Try something like
journalctl -u sshd --since=yesterday | tail -100

I would also try to login from a different linux machine with "ssh -vvv
x.x.x.x "  for verbose and see if there is anything there.

Someone mentioned problems with RW permissions to home directory. That
makes sense.

Also if home filesystem is full or mounted RO, you might have the same
issue.

Gregory