The issue here is we have multiple docker engines on multiple lpars ( we still think from an economics and manageability point of view that under VM is better than on the metal).  We have been doing the testing to have one engine pick up the workload form another that has failed, this works. We are still trying to make the environment more flexible.  These docker engine VMs are sized at 60G and 8 vcpu but can grow (without ipl) to 120G and 16 vcpu's.   It is the automation piece to exploit the flexibility of the platform that we need to figure out.  Yes, we can define full and "waste" resources but at these sizes the resources are big.