On Monday, 12/05/2016 at 12:42 GMT, Andrew Lemay <and...@lemay.org> wrote:
> I know this is not really mainframe specific but its related.
> I wounder if anyone has ever come across this before.
>
> hmc:~> df -h
> /dev/sda2              16G  4.7G   10G  32% /
> udev                  1.7G  220K  1.7G   1% /dev
> /dev/sda3             5.8G  5.1G  448M  92% /var
> /dev/sda7             7.7G  148M  7.2G   2% /dump
> /dev/sda8             111G  8.3G   97G   8% /extra
>
> But this is causing my hmc to fall over daily.
>
> In the ppc world. I have used chhmcfs -o f -d 0 to clean up /var hmc's
> without a problem. But this hmc  for my mainframe is acting differently.
>
> Any thoughts would be helpful thanks.

Andrew, you don't use a Power systems HMC to manage a mainframe (z
Systems), and you don't use a mainframe HMC to manage Power, so I'm not
sure what you're asking.  "This" HMC is not a mainframe HMC since they
don't have command line interfaces.  Further, they don't require you to
manage the disk space.

If your HMC is malfunctioning, open a PMH.

Alan Altmark

Senior Managing z/VM and Linux Consultant
Lab Services System z Delivery Practice
IBM Systems & Technology Group
ibm.com/systems/services/labservices
office: 607.429.3323