Hi,

We have a situation with  two SLES11 servers.  We had to migrate the
underlying PVs used for the swap logical volume (we used pvmove to move
from DASD to FCP LUNs) and then we removed the DASD PVs from the volume
group (followed by pvremove on them to wipe LVM metadata).  After that I
called my z/VM admin and asked him to remove the corresponding DASD
devices.  He did but I still have the device files associated with them
(/dev/dasd*)...

The problem is that, whenever I type any LVM command, the command gets
stucked (doesn't return the prompt).  I guess vgscan is getting stuck
reading these non existing DASD device files.  I could fix this by
excluding these devices (LVM filter) or by rebooting but I'm wondering
if there's a a way to remove these DASD device files dynamically?

For regualr SCSI devices one usually performs:

echo offline > /sys/block/$DISK/device/state
echo 1 > /sys/block/$DISK/device/delete

...but I don't see "state" nor "delete" for /sys/block/dasd*/device/*
and Google didn't help that much.

Thanks in advance!

Regards,
Jorge