Well, I never could get it installed using TEXT mode, so I tried VNC
(graphical) and had no problems.

Frank M. Ramaekers Jr.

-----Original Message-----
From: Linux on 390 Port [mailto:LINUX-390@VM.MARIST.EDU] On Behalf Of R P
Herrold
Sent: Tuesday, May 22, 2018 2:06 PM
To: LINUX-390@VM.MARIST.EDU
Subject: Re: Red Hat/ClefOS configuration file

On Tue, 22 May 2018, Neale Ferguson wrote:

> My kickstart uses url
> --url="https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__download.sinenomine.net_clefos_7&d=DwIFaQ&c=laxeQK7vPmHfouIIPNyCfbQd49eK3u00U8Jdo0RFvts&r=EOaM1MkMLG24_TOy4m7EdDoX0CP9-c0YJ2kTdeagcqQ&m=vQFKkcwoM7RTywgRg5Z5JepqrEuc9mMuSAUi0lShshw&s=nchBRHEI3BbmJYnWApmzjII73SjSwh0OrXtPwY__0og&e=";
>  so I am not sure why you are not getting anything.
>
> On 5/22/18, 14:47, "Linux on 390 Port on behalf of Frank M. Ramaekers"
> <LINUX-390@VM.MARIST.EDU on behalf of framaek...@ailife.com> wrote:
>
>     Thanks all....getting further.....

Hi, Frank

Recall that the URL mangling which you mentioned you saw would bite here

As I recall, in a text mode install, alt-F7 or such changed to different VT's
so you could view what was being sent (the details are on one of the secondary
initial boot screens, which you many toggle between)

Not sure what your network map looks like, of course, but before you beat
yourself up, talk with your networking support about getting an unfiltered port

Alternatively a 'mirror' can be set up 'inside' the protected perimeter and on
the same network segment as the target machine to be installed, on a local PC
running Linux fairly trivially

-- Russ herrold

For LINUX-390 subscribe / signoff / archive access instructions, send email to
lists...@vm.marist.edu with the message: INFO LINUX-390 or visit
https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__www.marist.edu_htbin_wlvindex-3FLINUX-2D390&d=DwIFaQ&c=laxeQK7vPmHfouIIPNyCfbQd49eK3u00U8Jdo0RFvts&r=EOaM1MkMLG24_TOy4m7EdDoX0CP9-c0YJ2kTdeagcqQ&m=vQFKkcwoM7RTywgRg5Z5JepqrEuc9mMuSAUi0lShshw&s=8zEB_3M8zW-ulOnILZWARC5cezqmxuk_0qzFwKehK9o&e=
https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__wiki.linuxvm.org_&d=DwIFaQ&c=laxeQK7vPmHfouIIPNyCfbQd49eK3u00U8Jdo0RFvts&r=EOaM1MkMLG24_TOy4m7EdDoX0CP9-c0YJ2kTdeagcqQ&m=vQFKkcwoM7RTywgRg5Z5JepqrEuc9mMuSAUi0lShshw&s=YsFMAC0Dqng7JksmP3fcKo4FgjK1fxsERXRD4kubHws&e=

This message contains information which is privileged and confidential and is
solely for the use of the intended recipient. If you are not the intended
recipient, be aware that any review, disclosure, copying, distribution, or use
of the contents of this message is strictly prohibited. If you have received
this in error, please destroy it immediately and notify us at
privacy...@torchmarkcorp.com.