>>> On 6/28/2018 at 06:10 PM, Donald Russell <russell....@gmail.com> wrote:
> I forgot to put a subject.  Now there*s one.  :-)
> Don
>
> On Thu, Jun 28, 2018 at 14:27 Donald Russell <russell....@gmail.com> wrote:

-snip-
>> Any suggestions beyond install from scratch on the larger disk? :-)

What I typically do is:
1. Run dasdfmt on the whole of the new disk.
2. Copy the older/smaller volume to the new one
3. Use fdasd to print out the old partition table
4. Delete the old partition table
5. Recreate the partition table using the information from #3, but make sure
the "last" partition goes to the end of the disk.

Even then, you have to understand just what to do with that new, larger
partition in terms of what file system is on it, or if it's an LVM PV, etc. and
jigger that around until the system knows just how much space it has.  The
other possibility is to format the disk, create the partitions the way you want
them, create any LVM PVs, LV, etc., create file systems, and then use the HOWTO
at http://linuxvm.org/Info/HOWTOs/movefs.html to copy over the entire system.
That will take considerably longer, since you're not doing large block I/Os,
but depending on your comfort level with the previous method, it might be
easier for you.